Sunday, May 10, 2009

Test out ScribeFire

I'm testing ScribeFire now.

I  just tried to add a video, using ScribeFire's video search control, and after adding the video, I wasn't able to add more text below the video.  This seemed less than ideal.  I will try again.



ScribeFire QuickAds

This time it worked, apparently I did something wrong, such as typing in between the video and the caption "ScribeFile QuickAds" above.

ScribeFire comes up as a window that covers half the current tab's display, which means both the editing area the part of the current web page are rather small.  It would probably be good idea to be in "full screen" mode if you want to see much of the web page. 

My screen is extra cramped vertically at the moment because I'm using the FireFox Tab Kit extension, which I have set to show up to 4 rows of tab, and I currently have 3 rows show, thus eating a fair bit of vertical space. 

I've resisted buying LCD screens, and have never used a widescreen monitor.  I can see now how a web surfing addict might want a widescreen, with a widescreen I could have the tabs displayed in a panel instead of as bars, thus allowed me to read more of the tab title, while still leaving sufficient horizonatl room to display the page itself.

ScribeFire has a video search function, though not as good as the one I just used on HelloTxt.  However, it does not have an image search function, which seems a bit odd; if you have a video search function, why not have an image search function as well? It could search Photobucket and Flickr and maybe whatever Microsoft calls it's image sharing place (is that Gallery?) 

Notifications from Friendfeed's FF Notifier are popping up at the bottom right of the screen; I'm not sure if I like that or not.  Hi Tami Weinberg, your face is popping up repeatedly.  Unfortunately it doesn't stay there long enough for me to read it. 

The FF Notifier flickers horribly when it appears on top of the Second Life screeen.  TweetDeck's popup does too, and the entire Seesmic Desktop application does.  TweetDeck's main application does not flicker when on top of Second Life, which I think shows that the problem is not universal among Adobe Air based applications that are run on top of Second Life.  I believe the AlertThing application also flickers when it's on top of Second Life.

Time to shoot this off and see if Scribefire successfully gets it posted at WordsInPosts.

So far I'll say I like ScribeFire better than the Windows Live Writer add-on, if only because ScribeFire loaded instantly, while the Windows Live Writer add-on is hampered by having to wait for Windows Live Write to load, which is a fairly long process.



No comments: